Tuesday, February 26, 2013

On a Whim

 
 

I was reminded today of why I wanted to live in Arizona.  The day started out like any normal day.  A few chores in the morning and then running some errands.  My last errand took me farther from my house than normal, which allowed me time to reflect on my feelings.  As I drove I noticed the sunny blue sky, clear air and a sense of calmness.  That was the feeling I always got when I stepped off the plane while visiting and never wanted to leave when the visit was over.  It's a feeling of being at home.

As I drove down the street, I had Camelback Mountain on my right and palm trees swaying in the breeze on the left.  I have driven down this street dozens of times, however today, I noticed the new architecture meeting the old and how well it all fit together.

I opened my sun roof to breath in the clean fresh air and I had this bubbling feeling of happiness that started deep within me and continued rising until it spread across my face in a huge smile.  I turned the radio up and pretended to know the words to the songs until I got to my destination.

I know the weather has been bleat and cold across the country, but try to remember why you love living where you are.  It will make these last few days of winter go faster.

SPRING IS ALMOST HERE ! 
 



2 comments:

  1. Oh, don't you love moments like these. Moments where you feel so content. Moments where you're reminded that its the simple things that bring us joy. Thanks for sharing your special moment, and for reminding us that finding things to be grateful for only brings, well, more things to be grateful for. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, Rhonda I do love moments like that. Sometimes I just have to remind myself how good life can be if we just let the good things in.

    ReplyDelete