Wednesday, August 28, 2013

HOW CUTE IS THAT?

Most of my OWW readers know that I make and sell knitted cotton washcloths.  To my knowledge, up to this point, they have only been used for washing the face or body.

However, one of my readers has found a new use for them.

You know how you can solve a problem or get a great idea while in the shower.  Well, that's just what she did.  While washing her face with one of the washcloths, she suddenly knew what she could make, as a take home gift for her table guests, at an upcoming luncheon her association was having.

She needed 10 washcloths, which I gladly furnished, in a tan and cream yarn.  It was to resemble an old fashioned May Flower basket.  

 Before
 
 
She then folded them into the shape of a cone, closing them by weaving ribbon through the yarn, tying it off with a small bow, leaving the top open for fresh flowers and greenery.  She then finished them off with a small rose bud sewn above the ribbon bow. 
 
After
 
They were then placed at each place setting around the table, the day of the luncheon.
 



You can see by the pictures how cute the finished piece is and how pretty the table turned out. 
 
I love seeing and hearing about different uses for the items I make.  Let me know if you have a clever use for any of the items you have gotten from me. 
 
And if you're not sure what kind of items I make, you can go to the tab above, marked Stitches and Scraps.
 
 
"May you always have love to share, health to spare and friends who care"  
 
 Unknown  
 
 
 
 



   

2 comments:

  1. How cute is that? Pretty darn cute! Very inventive and a great way to gift the wash clothe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree. It's a very clever gift to give.

    ReplyDelete