Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Welcome to One Woman's Whims and a New Year

shared on facebook and pinterest

At the beginning of a new year, resolutions, to do lists, goals and plans are often made.  In the past I found these things didn't work for me.  After a few weeks I would revert back to my old habits.  Now that I am retired I wanted to start 2013 with a new approach to life.  Last week a friend told me that 2013 added up to the number six in the science of numerology, which means harmony and balance.  That gave me hope that this was going to be a great year filled with exciting new beginnings.  So what better way to begin that new journey than with a blog?

What is a whim, you may ask.  To me a whim is a sudden idea, thought, action or opinion.  According to Webster's Dictionary, it is short for whim-wham or a sudden fancy; idle and passing notion; capricious idea or desire.  The definition for whim-wham is a fanciful ornament; bauble; trinket; an odd notion; fancy; whim.  Well that sounds about right, I often do things on impulse and I love baubles and trinkets.  However, I was surprised to find the word whim-wham in the dictionary.

This blog, One Woman's Whims, hopefully will serve as a place where we can talk about anything and everything that comes up.  I prefer positive, upbeat issues, but if you or I want to talk about something not so positive this can be an outlet for those thoughts or opinions as well.  I am really into creative projects like knitting, scrapbooking, photography and journaling.  If you have any projects you are passionate about I would love to see them.  I am also an avid reader and have a passion for movies, I will give you my review of the ones I think are really good.  However, sometimes I love a book or movie that everyone else thinks is really bad.  So you can't take my opinion to heart.

On the right side of my blog you will find a list of my most recent reads.

Thank you in advance for joining the world of OWW.  I hope you will share your whims with others as well.  Please feel free to share my address with your friends, family, co-workers or anyone wanting to talk about their new trinkets, baubles or creative endeavors.  As this is my first blog please bear with me while I stubble through the first few posts.  OWW posts will be done every other Thursday or when I have a sudden fancy.

Thank you R for getting me started.

There is always time for you to try a new path in life. (Panda Express-Panda Inn)

8 comments:

  1. OWW baby! Congrats on your inaugural post! I love the concept, and sharing whims this way will create a fun and continuous conversation. I look forward to reading where your flights of fancy take you. Sending you and OWW best wishes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Rhonda, Thanks for your glowing comments. Knowing that you liked it means a lot to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for your new adventure...Some of my fondest memories are spending the night with you and watching Pretty Woman for the millionth time...So as a avid reader and movie goer myself I will be watching your blog!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tara.....I remember you at 5yrs old and Corey at 3 doing one of the dances from that movie. It was so funny! Wish I had pictures of that.

      Delete
  4. I too am excited for your new adventure. I look forward to hearing you bi weekly whims. Congrats!
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Brenda. Let me know about the book you told me about. Sounds interesting.

      Delete
  5. I am excited as well...I love your "whims!"
    Be sure and share what you think about the current book you're reading...the title intriques me! Congratulations on your first post! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa. I will let you know about the book when I finish it. So far it's pretty good.

      Delete